If you have a hedge that needs to be trimmed, you’re going to need a good hedge trimmer. A hedge trimmer is a tool that is used to trim hedges and shrubs. The blades on a hedge trimmer are very sharp and can cause serious injury if not used properly.
But before you can start trimming, you need to know how to properly hang your hedge trimmer. It is important to hang your hedge trimmer when not in use so that the blades do not come into contact with anyone.
Hanging a hedge trimmer may seem like a daunting task, but with a little guidance, it can be easy. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about how to hang a hedge trimmer so you can get started on your trimming project ASAP.
Why do you Need to Hang Your Hedge Trimmer?
There are two main reasons why it is important to hang your hedge trimmer.
- First, hanging your hedge trimmer will protect the blades from becoming damaged. When the blades are not in use, they can become dulled or nicked which will reduce their effectiveness.
- Second, hanging your hedge trimmer will prevent accidents. If the blades are left out, someone could easily come into contact with them and suffer a serious injury.
Hanging your hedge trimmer is a simple task that takes only a few seconds to do. However, it is an important part of safely using this tool. By taking the time to hang your hedge trimmer, you can avoid damage to the blades and prevent accidents from happening.
Hanging the Hedge Trimmer | Do It the Right Way
The first step is to find a suitable place to hang your hedge trimmer. There are a few things you’ll want to take into account when choosing a location:
- Make sure the area is well-ventilated. You don’t want to be breathing in fumes while you’re trimming your hedge.
- Choose a spot that’s out of direct sunlight. Hedge trimmers can get hot when they’re in use, and you don’t want them to overheat.
- Pick an area that’s close to an outlet. This way, you won’t have to worry about running an extension cord while you’re trimming.
Once you’ve found the perfect spot, it’s time to start hanging your hedge trimmer. There are two ways you can do this:
- Option 1: Use command strips
- Option 2: Use Screws
Option 1: Use Command Strips
Command strips are an easy way to hang your hedge trimmer without having to put any holes in your walls. Just follow these steps:
- Clean the wall where you’ll be applying the command strips with isopropyl alcohol wipes. This will help ensure that the strips adhere properly.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the command strips and apply them to the back of your hedge trimmer according to the package instructions.
- Press the strips firmly against the wall for 30 seconds.
- Hang your hedge trimmer on the wall by hooking the top handle over the hook on the strip.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for each command strip until your hedge trimmer is securely hung on the wall.
Option 2: Use Screws
If you don’t mind putting holes in your walls, using screws is another option for hanging your hedge trimmer. Just follow these steps:
- Find two studs in the wall where you want to hang your hedge trimmer. Studs are usually spaced 16 inches apart, so if you can’t find two studs close together, consider using a different location.
- Drill pilot holes into the studs using a 1/8-inch drill bit. These holes will make it easier to drive in the screws later on.
- Place one screw into each pilot hole and tighten with a screwdriver until they’re snug against the wall but can still be turned easily. Be careful not to overtighten, or you risk stripping the threads out of the wood.
- Hang your hedge trimmer on the screws by hooking the top handle over one of them. The weight of the Hedge Trimmer should keep it secure on the screws without needing any additional hardware.
Q 1: How do I know if my hedge trimmer is properly hung?
Ans: Your hedge trimmer is properly hung if it is securely mounted to the wall and the blades are not touching the ground.
Q 2: How often should I hang my hedge trimmer?
Ans: You should hang your hedge trimmer after every use to keep the blades in good condition and to prevent accidents.
Q 3: What are some other benefits of hanging my hedge trimmer?
Ans: In addition to preventing damage and accidents, hanging your hedge trimmer will also prolong its lifespan by keeping the blades sharp and free from rust.
Q 4: Is it okay to hang my hedge trimmer by the cord?
Ans: No, it is not okay to hang your hedge trimmer by the cord. This could damage the cord or cause it to come unplugged, which could lead to an accident.
Q 5: How can I store my hedge trimmer if I don’t have a place to hang it?
Ans: If you don’t have a place to hang your hedge trimmer, you can store it in a toolbox or on a shelf out of reach of children and pets. However, hanging your hedge trimmer is the best way to keep it in good condition and prevent accidents.
Hanging the hedge trimmer is important to do in order to keep the blades in good condition, to prevent accidents, and also to prolong the lifespan of the hedge trimmer. Now that you know how to hang your hedge trimmer, it’s time to get started on that trimming project!
We hope this guide was helpful; if not, feel free to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to assist further. Thanks for reading!